Each year thousands of young people worldwide are given an opportunity to experience the cultures and accomplishments of people in other countries.
During your exchange, you will grow considerably in self-confidence, tolerance and self-reliance.
You'll also learn to accept greater responsibility in your everyday life.
You will have to adapt to unfamiliar and different surroundings and ways of life that are different from home.
For some this will be the first extended period of separation from their family. This will bring about many trials and tribulations which you will need to overcome and by so doing develop many "survival skills".
To live away from home for the 50 weeks duration of the exchange is a demanding yet rewarding experience. It is not always smooth sailing and requires a great strength of character, tolerance and an understanding of the acceptance personal responsibility.
The exchange provides a unique opportunity for young Australians to experience at first hand the many cultures of a different country, a new way of life and in some instances another language. Often, the friendships they make will be life long and important in achieving the aims of the exchange - the building of goodwill and understanding between countries.
As a Rotary Youth Exchange you'll have:
- An opportunity to develop your personal self confidence and maturity
- An opportunity to develop a lifetime of international friendships
- An opportunity to develop a real understanding of many different cultures
- An opportunity to develop new language skills
- An opportunity to develop a base for future education and career goals
- An opportunity to develop in many ways
- Long Term Youth Exchange (LTYE)
- Short Term Exchange (RANZSE)
- The Exchange Experience
- Why Go With Rotary?
- Scholarship Scheme
- Youth Opportunity Grant
- Information for Prospective Applicants (LTYE)
- Application Process
- Student Rules
- Social Media Policy
- 10 Top Tips
- How will it affect my schooling in Australia?